Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Inspiration sources, tea paper dyeing, and watercolor pencils.



It's been a fun week here in Wisconsin. "Fun" for those who are indoor-sey like me and feel inspired by cold days with constant rain! Days like these make me more productive when it comes to painting, or cleaning the house. I like them a lot :) Let me show you what I've been up to in the last few days.

Ha sido una semana divertida aqui en Wisconsin. "Divertida" para aquellos que, como yo, prefieren estar adentro y se sienten inspirados en dias frios y lluviosos! Dias como estos me hacen mas productiva en cuanto a pintar algo o a limpiar mi casa, me encantan :) Ahora les muestro lo que hice estos dias que pasaron.

A friend of mine sent us a beautiful Thank You card full of flowers that spoke to my heart! Thank you for the inspiration, Christine Trask! Here's what I painted in watercolors: 

Una amiga me mando una hermosa tarjeta de agradecimiento llena de flores que me inspiraron! Gracias Christine Trask! Aqui esta lo que pinte con acuarelas: 



Then I found a post somewhere about dyeing watercolor paper with prepared black tea. I had to try it!  I dyed the paper and it's all dry now, I'll show you soon what I made with it.

Despues encontre un articulo en algun lado en internet que hablaba de que se podia tenir papel de acuarelas con te negro. Tuve que hacer el experimento! Teni el papel y esta seco ahora, despues les muestro lo que hice con el.


 

Last Friday, my friend Melanie came over to paint with me for a few hours while our little ones played. She owns a beautiful set of watercolor pencils that I desperately needed to play with! They are so fun to use. I need to get myself some! Thank goodness for weekly coupons to craft stores that make those purchases possible :) I think the cards made with those pencils turned out cute. I used two different methods with each one. The first card (darker one) is the result of drawing everything first with the pencils and then going over with a wet brush. The second one (lighter) happened as I got the paper wet first and then drew on it with the watercolor pencils. I think I like the first method better.

El viernes pasado, mi amiga Melanie vino a mi casa a pintar y dibujar conmigo mientras nuestros pequenitos jugaban juntos. Ella tiene un hermoso set de lapices de acuarela que yo tenia que probar desesperadamente! Son increibles. Necesito comprarme unos! Que bueno que existen cupones de descuento semanales a tiendas de manualidades para hacer esas compras posibles :) Creo que las tarjetas que cree con esos lapices quedaron lindas. Use dos metodos diferentes con cada una. La primera (la mas oscura) la logre al pintar todo primero con los lapices y despues pasar el pincel con agua por arriba. La segunda (la mas clara) se dio al mojar el papel primero y pintar con los lapices sobre papel mojado. Me parece que me gusta mas el primer metodo.



In a nutshell, I had a blast making these little cards. It's interesting how necessary it is for me (and I believe it's true for many people!) to create something whenever possible. I can go for a while without making something, but after some time SOMETHING inside me itches to the point where I absolutely NEED to create something. No matter how small or quick, it's a need. It makes me happier and it makes my life more meaningful. I hope you all out there find time to create something whenever you can.

Have a great rest of the week!

En fin, la pase muy bien creando estas tarjetitas. Es interesante lo necesario que es para mi (y creo yo que este es el caso para la mayoria de la gente!) crear algo cuando pueda. Pueden pasar unos cuantos dias sin hacerlo, pero despues de un tiempo ALGO adentro mio tiembla al punto que es absolutamente NECESARIO crear algo. No importa cuan pequeno o simple, es una necesidad. Me hace feliz y hace de mi vida algo mas significativo. Espero que todos ustedes encuentren el tiempo para crear algo, cuando sea que puedan. 

Que tengan una hermosa semana!


Candela

No comments:

Post a Comment